“She is clothed in strength and dignity; and she laughs without fear of the future.” Proverbs 31:25
Naming our store was a long and thoughtful process. While it was easy to decide what we would choose to sell and local brands we would carry in our store, finding the right words to represent our individuality was quite the challenge. Through multiple trials and errors as well as looking for inspiration in unexpected places, we finally found a name that not only inspired us, but also represented the purpose of our boutique. Finally on July 1st, 2015, we opened the doors to 31 Twenty-Five for the first time.
Having deep roots in Cookeville, TN, and coming from a family of small businesses, we decided to bring something to our small town that gives girls and women of all ages inspiring outfits from everyday wear to evenings out. We handpick each item keeping our faith-driven name in mind so that we help our customers feel comfortable and confident. Our hope is that as each girl walks through our doors, our inspiration influences them to create original outfits that are a true expression of their personality.
Let me tell you about my best friend…My sister, Ali.
- Ali’s about as random as her mix of Pandora stations.
- She’s the biggest-hearted person who has your back no matter what.
- She’s definitely an animal lover and you could say she runs a small zoo in her home. She’s got a love for strays and I know if she weren’t in retail she’d be a zookeeper.
- Ali worked her tail off to graduate from Tennessee Tech University with a degree in merchandising in 2013.
- I celebrated with her when her husband proposed and stood by her side when, as she refers to him, her smoke-show husband married her in October of 2016.
- I know she can be on the shy side and social settings aren’t her favorite but she puts her big girl pants on and handles it.
- She might not love Christmas as much as I do, but she definitely makes up for it on Halloween.
- No doubt she’s unbelievably gorgeous dressed up, but her real style is a little tomboy meets hippie chic.
- It’s a given that if I find her at home she’s got Food Network on TV and she’s whipping up something amazing in the kitchen.
- Proud Mama of 2 precious girls!
- And at the end of the day, I know there’s not better business partner, sister or friend I’d rather have than her.
She’s Blonde. I am a Brunette. She is short. Yes, I really am 6 foot tall. Absolutely yes. she is my blood sister, and Hill is my best friend!
- If there’s anything I can say about my sister it’s that she’s one of those people who just makes life better by being in it.
- She’s the type of hopeless romantic that watches movies like The Notebook over and over.
- Blessed by adoption not once, but 3 times! Lakelyn, Trice and Violet are her WORLD.
- She’s the kind that makes spaghetti for dinner twice a week because it’s her favorite.
- I helped her walk down the aisle to marry the man of her dreams in June of 2011 and cried tears of joy with her when they were blessed by adoption in July of 2014.
- Hillary says her prayers but also practices what she preaches.
- Don’t get me wrong, she’s had her athletic days but she does NOT do Crossfit.
- She loves working in retail but her favorite job is the mom life… and she’s really good at it.
- She’s a Christmas fanatic but goes overboard to celebrate someone’s birthday.
- Hillary believes in making memories special and goes out of her way to make every person she meets feel special.